Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Watching My Diet -- Day Two

Three glasses of water in the first hour or so after arising and then:

Breakfast:

One orange
One banana
1/2 whole wheat square bagel with peanut butter
1/2 whole wheat square bagel with Smart Balance
Two almonds
One of those granola cereal balls with
About half a cup of vanilla soy milk.

Lunch:

Another sandwich made with my yummy (thank you very much) homemade mostly-whole-wheat bread, Elena's chicken-seasoning-flavored hummus (boy, will I be sorry when that's all gone--clearly I need a food processor so I can make my own, right?), and Romaine lettuce.

Four baby carrots.

Four (yes, precisely four) corn chips.

Half a cup of my vanilla-flavored yogurt (and I will not apologize for the sugar in it--it's still a sight better than the commercial kind!)

And that's it! I have 2 prunes and 4 almonds set out in case I get hungry before supper. The supper that I'm going to have to actually break down and (gasp!) cook...because we're almost out of leftovers and B left to take Gram home an hour ago and won't be back until Friday...and even then she won't have time to cook because she'll be too busy packing for her Sunday move to her apartment. And who knows how long it will be before we have Gram living here most of the time...(gulp -- what have I let myself in for???)


To be updated as the day goes on but...so far, so good...and now I'm off to get groceries all by myself and I can walk as fast as I like around the store...

It's Suppertime (as Snoopy would say):

A glass of fiber-containing and appetite suppressing Citrucel half an hour beforehand, then

One dipperful (a little under half a cup) of corn chowder.

A lovely bowl of Romaine lettuce, with tomatoes and croutons and a drizzle of Newman's Own Creamy Caeser dressing.

The two prunes and 4 almonds that had waited patiently all day long.

One of those lightly lemon-flavored granola balls (note to self--must get this recipe) and a

One little ball of Lindt dark chocolate to cap off the day (with thanks to the five M's and their long-suffering parents for the birthday gift).

Comments:
I didn't have sugar today but something HORRIBLE happened. I was having a little Campbell's tomato soup with croutons for lunch when I idly looked at the ingredients. HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!! My enemy! I pitched it out. NO MORE will be brought into this house.
 
Even in Campbell's tomato soup?

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

Do we have to make EVERYTHING from scratch? Who can do that?

grumble-mumble-mumble
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?